Author Topic: Fleet Buzz service changes 24 October 2011  (Read 2000 times)

Offline David Goddard

• Thank You
  • -Given: 10
  • -Receive: 10
Fleet Buzz service changes 24 October 2011
« on: October 21, 2011, 07:32:35 pm »
My wife saw this poster on the bus on Wednesday.  Looks like quite a hefty review of services.  More to follow

Offline David Goddard

• Thank You
Re: Fleet Buzz service changes 24 October 2011
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2011, 08:02:27 pm »
The new timetable leaflets (for the 72/82 at least) are now out on the buses, but there is nothing on the website, which is strange given that the poster refers to it.

The basic weekday service of alternate 72/82 services forming a "teardrop" shaped route via Fleet is "tweaked" marginally to give a best description.  In essence, each journey leaves Reading five minutes later (now at xx10 and xx40), but they get back in at the same time as before thanks to a two minute saving each way between Reading and Three Mile Cross.

Northbound services are frequently late in the Swallowfield, Spencers Wood and Three Mile Cross area and it is a shame that the minutes saved near Reading couldnt have been used near Fleet, instead of adding it to the layover.  Mid to late afternoon journeys from Reading are deferred by a further five minutes to xx15 and xx45, and an additional trip runs at 1730.

The Saturday service sees a substantial cut, with the Swallowfield shorts gone to leave just an hourly 72, operating ten minutes later than before, and extended to Aldershot.  The first arrival at Reading is not until 0837.  One trip in from Farnborough and balancing return run at times suited to day trip shoppers.

The timetable is more cluttered than before with schoolday variations, resulting in different journey times depending whether it is a schoolday or not.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2011, 08:11:25 pm by David Goddard »

Offline David Goddard

• Thank You
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2011, 10:52:43 pm »
Details have now been uploaded to the FleetBuzz website.  Am awaiting to see when the timetable cases along the route are updated...
« Last Edit: November 09, 2011, 06:40:49 pm by David Goddard »

Offline Danny

• Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 0
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2011, 11:19:30 am »
Looks like quite a hefty review of services.

Fleet Buzz do seem to be one of those operators that just can't stop changing services.

I'm surprised details didn't hit the website sooner though, they did for the April changes.

Offline Danny

• Thank You
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2011, 01:45:51 pm »
Just noticed the error on the route 70 entry. It should say "Aldershot bus station" I think, not just "Aldershot"!!!

Offline David Goddard

• Thank You
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2011, 06:44:08 pm »
Details have now been uploaded to the FleetBuzz website.  Am awaiting to see when the timetable cases along the route are updated...
Two weeks after the change and there are no signs of the new times at bus stops in the villages.
This is not too bad an issue on weekdays as most buses are simply a couple of minutes later then previous, however the heavy reduction in the Saturday service is much more significant.  Regardless, they should have been updated by now.
Paper notices have been pinned to the insides of shelters in Spencers Wood and Three Mile Cross but this does not help users elsewhere.

If they are unchanged by next Monday I will write to FB to find out what is going on...

Offline SURREYMAN

• Thank You
  • -Given: 12
  • -Receive: 21
« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2011, 08:24:05 pm »
Story on another Web site that Fleet Buzz are being taken over by Stagecoach?
This is unconfirmed.
Anyone heard anything?

Offline David Goddard

• Thank You
« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2011, 08:54:36 pm »
Not heard anything but will keep eyes & ears peeled and post anything I hear that sounds concrete

J508GCD

« Reply #8 on: December 01, 2011, 07:22:52 pm »
From the horse's mouth this afternoon (well a senior Stagecoach South director friend anyway...) "7 Vario's 7 Solo's 4 Versa's and a couple of Darts added to our fleet today !" later followed by "I forgot the Iveco !"

Offline David Goddard

• Thank You
« Reply #9 on: December 01, 2011, 10:58:43 pm »
Sounds very close to what's presently listed on their website: http://www.fleetbuzz.co.uk/PDF/FleetList011010.pdf

We have a very interesting couple of months coming up.

Offline Danny

• Thank You
« Reply #10 on: December 04, 2011, 07:04:37 pm »
This has turned from rumour to fact, Stagecoach South bought them with effect from midnight on 1 December.

The intention is to keep it as a separate unit, at least for now.

Offline David Goddard

• Thank You
« Reply #11 on: December 04, 2011, 11:12:28 pm »
Well that clears that one up then!
We will watch and see as and when any changes take place.  Anything like when they took over Cambus there would probably be logos start to appear quite quickly.  Nothing at the bus stops as yet (then again they still havent posted the new timetables from October).

I just hope that they will continue to honour existing "Buzz Card" multi journey tickets - I have only recently bought one and have fouteen punches left to use!

Our Wishlist:
*Guarantee of the retention of the present half hourly service from Riseley to Reading, and restoration of this frequency on Saturdays.
*Revamp of 72/82 timetables to improve reliability.
*More Solos and Versas to displace the Plaxton/Mercedes minibuses.

Offline Danny

• Thank You
« Reply #12 on: December 05, 2011, 08:04:19 pm »
I just hope that they will continue to honour existing "Buzz Card" multi journey tickets - I have only recently bought one and have fouteen punches left to use!

Our Wishlist:
*Guarantee of the retention of the present half hourly service from Riseley to Reading, and restoration of this frequency on Saturdays.
*Revamp of 72/82 timetables to improve reliability.
*More Solos and Versas to displace the Plaxton/Mercedes minibuses.

I'm sure they'll honour Buzz Cards, especially as the company identity is being kept separate.

As for replacement of the Merc/Beavers, this will be something Stagecoach will probably want to do pretty soonish. This could be a turning point: Order new vehicles in Fleet Buzz livery, or bite the bullet and go for a re-brand to Stagecoach...?

Offline SURREYMAN

• Thank You
  • -Given: 12
  • -Receive: 21
« Reply #13 on: December 07, 2011, 03:40:12 pm »
This has turned from rumour to fact, Stagecoach South bought them with effect from midnight on 1 December.

The intention is to keep it as a separate unit, at least for now.
Story confirmed in Routeone magazine today.
Will operate as separate unit based in Crondall.

Offline David Goddard

• Thank You
« Reply #14 on: January 28, 2012, 06:44:13 pm »
Following the takeover by Stagecoach, the official address for Fleet Buzz has now changed to:
BUS STATION, BASIN ROAD, CHICHESTER, PO19 8DG

This matches that registered for the other Stagecoach South operations.

Will have to see how soon it appears on the sides of vehicles.