Author Topic: Minibus Executive Travel takes delivery of the first flat floor Scania Irizar i6  (Read 508 times)

Offline Suzy Scott

• Suzy, Nuisance of the Coach Park
  • Administrator
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 62
  • -Receive: 473
    • Company website
Minibus Executive Travel takes delivery of the first flat floor Scania Irizar i6

Watford-based Minibus Executive Travel (MET) has taken delivery of the Scania Irizar i6 coach which featured on the Scania stand at the recent Euro Bus Expo show. This particular vehicle is a new model with a flat floor running the full length of its interior. As such, MET's purchase represents a first for the UK market.

Based on a Scania K 360IB4x2 chassis, the 12.45-metre overall length and 3.6-metre high coach has been built to full touring specification. Presented with 53 seats plus driver and courier, other features include full air-conditioning, an air purifying system, double glazing and a washroom.

"MET offers its customers a premium quality travel experience, and with its high levels of specification and appointment the Scania Irizar i6 fits well into our development plans," says MET Managing Director, Peter Evans. "The Scania brand comes highly recommended and with a reputation for performance, so we now look forward to working with Scania team and maximising the return on our investment."

The flat floor Scania Irizar i6 model is now available for delivery in 2013.

Photograph: A high resolution image to accompany this release is attached.

Scania information
Scania is a major supplier to UK industry of trucks, buses, coaches and engines for industrial and marine applications. Additionally, the company provides a wide range of complementary and ancillary services in support of its products and customers through its 90-strong network of service centres. In 2011, Scania's share of the UK heavy truck market was 14% and its combined bus and coach market share amounted to 8.1%.

Based in Sweden and with production facilities in Europe and Latin America, Scania is a global organisation which markets its products in around 100 countries worldwide.

Scania information
Scania is a major supplier to UK industry of trucks, buses, coaches and engines for industrial and marine applications. Additionally, the company provides a wide range of complementary and ancillary services in support of its products and customers through its 90-strong network of service centres. In 2011, Scania's share of the UK heavy truck market was 14% and its combined bus and coach market share amounted to 8.1%.

Based in Sweden and with production facilities in Europe and Latin America, Scania is a global organisation which markets its products in around 100 countries worldwide.
Mrs Suzy Scott
Forum Administrator (and founder) of A&TVBF and DABF
MD of Here To There Publishing Ltd

Find all my current and recent photos at HertsBus & ScotBus - now online![/b][/color]