Author Topic: Three wheels on my waggon!  (Read 1059 times)

Offline busman

• Thank You
  • -Given: 9
  • -Receive: 132
    • The Wakefield Files
Three wheels on my waggon!
« on: August 07, 2013, 04:19:32 pm »
Just seen this on the Cambridge Evening News website
http://www.cambridge-news.co.uk/News/Woman-20-taken-to-Addenbrookes-after-wheel-comes-off-bus-20130807160803.htm
Any ideas who this might had been?
Thankfully no one was hurt, but it could had been worse.
Never ask a dustman to talk shop.
He will only talk a load of rubbish!

Adam Dowling

Re: Three wheels on my waggon!
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2013, 05:06:51 pm »
I did get a message this morning about a Richmonds Solo that had an "accident" in Chesterford - so I presume it was the same bus. Quite a surprise something like this has happened considering the reputation they have? Very fortunate no one else was injured and hopefully the young lady makes a recovery.

stagecoach106

« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2013, 07:11:26 pm »
I did get a message this morning about a Richmonds Solo that had an "accident" in Chesterford - so I presume it was the same bus. Quite a surprise something like this has happened considering the reputation they have? Very fortunate no one else was injured and hopefully the young lady makes a recovery.

wheels have been known to just come off think trent was the last on to have it happen

Offline garrett

• Thank You
  • -Given: 141
  • -Receive: 12
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2013, 08:42:23 pm »
from Mark Garrett
I doubt if it was Richmonds. Of the 2 Solos operated, YJ 05 XMY was at Barley depot being serviced at 0830 today and MX 09 AON was on its usual Royston Town service.

stagecoach106

« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2013, 09:32:43 pm »
from Mark Garrett
I doubt if it was Richmonds. Of the 2 Solos operated, YJ 05 XMY was at Barley depot being serviced at 0830 today and MX 09 AON was on its usual Royston Town service.

it was a solo as ex member jack saw the rtc as he works next to where it happened

Offline Suzy Scott

• Suzy, Nuisance of the Coach Park
  • Administrator
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 62
  • -Receive: 473
    • Company website
« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2013, 09:51:25 pm »
While the older Solo should be on the North Herts Rural group Mon-Sat, it's not been out and about of late - the V356 Merc has been displaced from Stevenage Glaxo shuttle by a baby Bova usually, and one of the coaches does NHR. I was wondering where the older Solo was going to - as I've only seen it on meal reliefs on Royston Town Service, and other ideas would be it should be on that - but Richmonds do some coach and midibus workings at Genome Campus (their manager refused to supply the info other than number and part Richmonds, part Viceroy) - which I presume it was on.
Mrs Suzy Scott
Forum Administrator (and founder) of A&TVBF and DABF
MD of Here To There Publishing Ltd

Find all my current and recent photos at HertsBus & ScotBus - now online![/b][/color]

Offline Kevin S

• Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 3
« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2013, 11:29:23 pm »
YJ05XMY was on the 10 in Bishops Stortford on Saturday 3/8

Offline AndrewHA

• Thank You
  • -Given: 40
  • -Receive: 19
« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2013, 07:45:16 am »
One of their Plaxton Cheetah Coaches was about Bishops Stortford last Friday in lieu of a Solo on their Bus Route .
Andrew HA.