Author Topic: "Offline" Rail Journey Planner for UK and Europe (with an English version too!)  (Read 726 times)

Offline Suzy Scott

• Suzy, Nuisance of the Coach Park
  • Administrator
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 64
  • -Receive: 515
    • Company website
"Offline" Rail Journey Planner for UK and Europe (with an English version too!)

Found this while looking for timetables on the DB website!

http://www.bahn.de/p/view/buchung/karten/dbfahrplanbest.shtml

There are a number of modes, including one for English. This information can include internal services - I used the English version with the full option to check times of trains from WGC to SVG on Sunday, and the information (rail replacements) was correct and up to date.

Offline TCD813

• Administrator
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 808
  • -Receive: 158
  • Regards, Richard.
    • All 'manor' of stuff on my Twitter A/c
[...] This information can include internal services - I used the English version with the full option to check times of trains from WGC to SVG on Sunday, and the information (rail replacements) was correct and up to date.

Good test, Suzy. I use a similar approach for road atlases: do they show the detail of limited access junctions with which I an familiar?

In my case, I check the A14/M11 Girton interchange (M11 jn 14) the Madingley Road access to the M11 (jn 13) and the Fen Ditton/Horningsea junction with the A14.

I've only found one road atlas brand which meets the test: Geographers' A-Z.
TCD813? The reg of a Southdown Motor Services, Northern Counties bodied, Leyland Titan PD3/4 FH39/30F (popularly dubbed 'Queen Mary') from the late 50s.
There's all 'manor' of stuff on my Twitter A/c.