Poll

do we change the boundary to approx. 60 square of miles of the area around Cambridge?

YES please
20 (71.4%)
NO keep things as they are
8 (28.6%)

Total Members Voted: 26

Voting closed: October 16, 2015, 05:54:06 PM

Author Topic: Revising Area of the Forum  (Read 845 times)

Offline Suzy Scott

• Suzy, Nuisance of the Coach Park
  • Administrator
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 64
  • -Receive: 514
    • Company website
Revising Area of the Forum
« on: October 03, 2015, 05:53:15 PM »
Hello all,

I’m often asked to add bits to this group. Following a Lincolnshire request which was popular, I need to ensure the group remains relevant.
As the group started from the Busman in Cambridge, I’ve had an idea to do a square around Cambridge – roughly 60 miles. The idea is all the places you could do in a day and back, with some tweaks.

A square will follow Nottingham, Sleaford, Boston, Cromer, Norwick, Ipswich, Harwich, Colchester, Clacton, Thurrock, Dartford Crossing, London, Woking, Reading, Banbury, High Wycombbe, Bicester, MK, and Leicester.

The square will extend to still cover Banbury, Oxford, Newbury in the west, and in the east, follow the A23 and M25 across the Dartford Crossings. In the north, the square extends to cover all of the classic county of Lincolnshire, as per a previous successful poll. In the far east, we’d extend the square to cover all of Suffolk and Norfolk I.E. Great Yarmouth, Lowestoft, Saxmunham, would be included. In the north west area, we’d follow the Leicestershire county boundary, leaving Rugby and Coventry to the WM and TW forums (see below). In the south, Guildford and Surrey is covered, to the county boundary.

We won’t be covering Warwickshire, which is covered by the Travel Warwickshire forum (this covers pre-1964, so includes some parts now in the Midlands, like Sutton Coldfield and Coventry). We won’t cover the West Midands/Centro area, as this is already covered by the WM Bus Forum. Kent & Medway is covered by the Invicta Newsgroup.

By local authorities, we will change Hillingdon & Heathrow Airport to be the whole of London, including coaching operators which don’t seem to be covered in as much detail on other groups. Additionally, Surrey, Lincolnshire, Leicestershire, Leicester City, Nottingham, Nottinghamshire, will all be included.

The further afield from Cambridge, we will expect coverage to be weaker. In the further areas, I intend to set things up as county boards for most operators, and play it by ear – in other words, if an operator gets more than 5-10 posts a month constantly, they might be split off onto a board of their own.

The Lincolnshire area has already had a vote, and that went well. We now ask you, do we change the boundary to approx. 60 square of miles of the area around Cambridge?

Vote below, yes or no – before Friday 16th October 2015.

Offline Suzy Scott

• Suzy, Nuisance of the Coach Park
  • Administrator
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 64
  • -Receive: 514
    • Company website
Re: Revising Area of the Forum
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2015, 04:56:43 PM »
Poll was in favour.

Now in the middle of doing a few new boards over here, and moving some to a former Operators board. This is not an exhaustive list. After a few operators get featured a few posts, I will addd more.

In the meantime, post in the closest boards, and I will get the rest set up as time for an overhaul permits.