Author Topic: Terravision at Stansted Airport  (Read 1513 times)

Offline AndrewHA

• Thank You
  • -Given: 40
  • -Receive: 19
Terravision at Stansted Airport
« on: January 20, 2016, 04:45:46 pm »
After being "kicked out" of Stansted Airport , both the Coach Station and the Car Park they have been latterly operating from . They appear to have devised a new way of getting thei passengers to the Airport from Central London .

From my own observations on Tuesday 19th January 2016 , and Today Wednesday 20th-January . They appear to be running Coaches from London to BISHOP'S STORTFORD Bus Interchange . As the passengers alight , they are handed a RAIL TICKET to complete their journey to the Airport !

Also they were picking up passengers in Bishop's Stortford Interchange for London !
Andrew HA.

Offline alex397

• Thank You
  • -Given: 58
  • -Receive: 18
    • My Flickr Page!
Re: Terravision at Stansted Airport
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2016, 07:05:52 pm »
I can't imagine them lasting long with that arrangement. Perhaps new customers are unaware of the arrangement, but I doubt they'd get repeat custom!

Offline AndrewHA

• Thank You
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2016, 07:28:09 pm »
Yesterday The Terravision Coaches I observed were reasonably full . Today about 1445hrs a Redwing Mercedes Tourismo came in to BPS from London , displaying Terravision on its Destination display . This had 40 plus ,  passengers on board . They then headed to the Railway Station .
However for its return trip to London only ONE person joined the otherwise empty coach at Stortford .
Andrew HA.

Offline AndrewHA

• Thank You
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2016, 04:42:57 pm »
I was observing Terravision's goings on again today , Thursday 21st-January-2016 .

Coaches again were terminating at Bishop's Stortford Bus Interchange again , except a Redwing Coaches , on hire . Went to the Railway Station forecourt , and dropped off and picked up there .

Andrew HA.

Offline Spoddendale

• Administrator
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 91
  • -Receive: 198
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2016, 08:05:42 pm »
My photos may be seen at
http://www.ipernity.com/home/davidslater-spoddendale

The site includes:

My 1960s/1970s snapshots taken when I worked at Yelloway:
http://www.ipernity.com/doc/davidslater-spoddendale/album/690101

Offline AndrewHA

• Thank You
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2016, 08:24:05 pm »
Today , and tomorrow , are worse than usual , as Rail Replacement Buses are running between Bishop's Stortford  and Stansted Airport .

Lots of people milling around Bishops's Stortford Station , only two young ladies from Terravision present . They seemed to spend most of the time on a mobile phone just ignoring the passengers!
Andrew HA.

Offline Steves

• Thank You
  • -Given: 334
  • -Receive: 54
« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2016, 12:03:06 am »
I heard that during one recent period of rail replacement, Terravision vehicles were used as rail replacement vehicles inadvertently and gained access to the Airport that way.  Having worked on rail replacement on Bishops Stortford to Stansted years ago, I can quite understand how they could do it.  It can get hectic at busy periods.

Terravison now ferry their passengers to St Pancras and put them on the Stansted Citylink service from there to the airport.  I watched a Terravision vehicle leave Liverpool Street this afternoon with a few people on board.  There was no indication that I could see that they would be transferred anywhere en route.

Offline AndrewHA

• Thank You
« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2016, 08:03:29 am »
We are still getting Terravision Coaches in Bishops's Stortford, sending their passengers to and from the Airport by Rail .
Andrew HA.

Offline Steves

• Thank You
  • -Given: 334
  • -Receive: 54
« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2016, 06:07:58 pm »
We are still getting Terravision Coaches in Bishops's Stortford, sending their passengers to and from the Airport by Rail .

Looks like they are using multiple ways to get their passengers through.  Incidentally, I am told that any attempt to photograph their operations tends to viewed negatively by the "customer service" staff