Author Topic: Stagecoach in Bedford happenings 2017  (Read 11561 times)

Offline al_557

• Thank You
  • -Given: 52
  • -Receive: 24
Re: Stagecoach in Bedford happenings 2017
« Reply #120 on: December 14, 2017, 09:54:37 am »
X5 in a mess today, 0648 from home an Enviro, 0707 was 54310 which broke down at Madingley, 0737 another Enviro. What's the matter with the volvos?

These are the worst coaches ever to be used on the X5. They've been a problem child since day one. Most common fault seems to be with the doors failing.
Gold spec Scania Enviro 400's might be a better option at least the doors are designed to be used frequently and they can carry more passengers

There is a vehicle shortage anyway at Bedford with Trident 18417(AE06GZO) and Enviro 200 36045 (AE08NVV) to name two of the vehicles long term out of service.
The Trident might get withdrawn so i'm told although I don't know what's wrong with it

Offline Julia_Hayward

• Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 33
Re: Stagecoach in Bedford happenings 2017
« Reply #121 on: December 14, 2017, 10:05:32 am »
These are the worst coaches ever to be used on the X5. They've been a problem child since day one. Most common fault seems to be with the doors failing.
Gold spec Scania Enviro 400's might be a better option at least the doors are designed to be used frequently and they can carry more passengers

Today's problem wasn't a door - driver had to keep revving really hard while stuck in slow moving traffic. They certainly seem to be riddled with faults - reading lights, wi-fi and power often not working, doors, toilet smoke alarms going off when noone using them, and for some reason tissues are left permanently jammed in some air vents. I thought (and said to Stagecoach) at the time the 154xx Scanias were coming off the busway that they would be better used on the X5 than trundling around on Cambridge city services.