Author Topic: A2B Bus and Coach Ltd  (Read 1193 times)

Offline Palatine One

• Administrator
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 125
  • -Receive: 88
    • My Flickr
A2B Bus and Coach Ltd
« on: October 07, 2017, 05:44:52 PM »
This new operator of service 7A between Babraham P&R and Whittlesford appears mainly using an ex-Stephensons ALX200 Dart still in their livery complete with "eyelashes" around the headlamps and a rather scrappy set of vinyls across the destination glass. Not exactly high quality.

However today in use was Andrews Y853GCD, an ex-Brighton Dennis Trident.

Offline Stamford

• Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 12
Re: A2B Bus and Coach Ltd
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2018, 11:56:47 PM »
Two former Abellio London E200s, LJ56VSX/VSY, have arrived via Ensign. At least one, still in red livery, has been in use on services 31 and 75.

Offline skyLink

• Thank You
  • -Given: 9
  • -Receive: 30
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2018, 08:57:53 AM »
They also have a ex first 52 plate solo.

For a tiny company there trying hard. Good luck to them.
Kind regards
MR S

Offline cesar

• Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 15
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2018, 03:48:20 PM »
I am sorry to say that running buses in various 'as acquired' liveries without proper destination displays is not 'trying hard'. It is the result of tendering at a low price and then trying to run at an even lower cost in order to try and make a few bob......

Offline alanv

• Thank You
  • -Given: 10
  • -Receive: 27
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2018, 05:08:54 PM »
The time scale was such that I suspect that a vehicle from Ensign was the easiest option.
As the contract is I assume only until next April when the responsibility passes from the County Council to the Mayor, short term thinking rules.
Also with councils like Northamtonshire and East Sussex axing non mandatory sending the future prospects are not bright.
As an aside does Cambridgeshire have a joint venture with Northamptonshire regarding the My Bus Trip app which provides passengers with free direct access to real time bus information via their mobile phones.

Offline skyLink

• Thank You
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2018, 12:24:32 PM »
I am sorry to say that running buses in various 'as acquired' liveries without proper destination displays is not 'trying hard'. It is the result of tendering at a low price and then trying to run at an even lower cost in order to try and make a few bob......

No worse than the "new whippet " then really.

But fair play taking the huge financial risk to give people a life line of a bus service.  And they seem to be getting passengers numbers up.
Kind regards
MR S

Offline cesar

• Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 15
« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2018, 08:35:46 PM »
No worse than the "new whippet " then really.

But fair play taking the huge financial risk to give people a life line of a bus service.  And they seem to be getting passengers numbers up.

It's not a 'huge financial risk' if they tender a reasonable price..... It's their bid - no one is forcing them to quote that price!!

Offline skyLink

• Thank You
« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2018, 09:50:20 PM »
It's not a 'huge financial risk' if they tender a reasonable price..... It's their bid - no one is forcing them to quote that price!!

Okay bud chill your beans. 
 I depends how you work out your quote by not just the route price but takeings of passengers.  And so forth. And being able to invest in better buses ie there new e200s with said profit. Also keeping in financial standing with the traffic manager.  And so forth. I'm going to leave it there as I feel I could say the sky is blue and you say it's yellow.
Kind regards
MR S

Offline bristolsrus

• Thank You
  • -Given: 248
  • -Receive: 87
« Reply #8 on: August 07, 2018, 05:46:57 PM »
On a slightly different topic now, has anyone seen any of the ex Whippet  Caetano bodied Dennis Dart SLF's lately ?    I know they sold one on, but I think that leaves them with two still in the
fleet.

Cheers

Chris

Offline Cheltonian

• Thank You
  • -Given: 125
  • -Receive: 216
« Reply #9 on: August 11, 2018, 07:16:49 PM »
They also have a ex first 52 plate solo.

EO02NFJ as seen at Trumpington Park & Ride today

https://www.flickr.com/photos/cheltonian1966/43076495575/in/dateposted/
See my latest photo's on http://www.flickr.com/photos/cheltonian1966/

Number of individual vehicles recorded as travelled on at end of July 2018 : 14,340

Celebrating over 56 years interest in Buses and Coaches