Author Topic: Route 702  (Read 195 times)

Offline chopper

• Thank You
  • -Given: 9
  • -Receive: 20
Route 702
« on: November 14, 2017, 04:17:16 pm »
Interesting to note that as from 27/12/17 Reading Buses will be taking over Greenline route 702 (Bracknell-London) from First Bus. Wait to see what coaches will be used and presumably they will come from the Reading dept.

Offline Steves

• Thank You
  • -Given: 343
  • -Receive: 55
Re: Route 702
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2017, 05:19:40 pm »
Thanks for the information.

I had always planned to have a ride on that route.  Looks like I had better hurry up.

Steve

Offline David Goddard

• Thank You
  • -Given: 10
  • -Receive: 15
Re: Route 702
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2017, 06:57:31 pm »
The last day of operation with First is Saturday 23rd.
Reading Buses have now announced that on Christmas Eve they will be operating a free service on the route with heritage vehicles.

Full post:

As you've probably heard, we'll be taking over the Bracknell/Windsor - London Green Line 702 after First withdraw on Saturday 23rd December.

As the first day will be a Christmas Eve Sunday there will likely be few usual fare paying customers around, therefore we are planning to operate a special 'free of charge' service with a variety of vintage Green Line vehicles from volunteer/preservationist owners and organisations. Whilst the service will operate free of charge (our formal route registration won't commence until Wednesday 27th December) donations to Reading Buses Charity of the Year, Red Balloon Learner Centres, will of course be welcomed!

The timetable for this event (on Sunday 24th December) is currently being finalised but journeys are expected to operate hourly from Victoria between 09:00-15:00 and from Windsor between 09:30-15:30 with a separate shuttle service between Windsor and Bracknell.

Please spread the word and tell any Green Line vehicle owners (ideally painted Green!) to get in touch with me if they'd like to run. The more the merrier. Reading Buses will be making a donation to vehicle owners/operators to cover fuel expenses.