Author Topic: Stagecoach Norfolk Cascades  (Read 8592 times)

Offline Coast_Hopper

• Thank You
  • -Given: 42
  • -Receive: 96
Stagecoach Norfolk Cascades
« on: February 04, 2018, 06:22:24 PM »
Just wondering what will happen to the Norfolk fleet, where the buses will go which ones will be withdrawn

I think the 6 Enviro 300s, will go to Peterborough to replace the MANs, both East Lancs Tridents and the Green ALX400s will be withdrawn

I am guessing that the coasthopper MMC200s and Solo SRs will be heading to Bedford paint shop in the coming weeks
« Last Edit: March 05, 2018, 11:28:29 PM by Coast_Hopper »

Offline skyLink

• Thank You
  • -Given: 9
  • -Receive: 33
Re: Cascades
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2018, 10:32:29 PM »
Just wondering what will happen to the Norfolk fleet, where the buses will go which ones will be withdrawn

I think the 6 Enviro 300s, will go to Peterborough to replace the MANs, both East Lancs Tridents and the Green ALX400s will be withdrawn

I am guessing that the coasthopper MMC200s and Solo SRs will be heading to Bedford paint shop in the coming weeks

Slow down. You don't know what service there keeping yet.
Kind regards
MR S

Offline Coast_Hopper

• Thank You
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2018, 01:42:28 AM »
Slow down. You don't know what service there keeping yet.

Coasthopper, Town services and X29 are 100% gone and they are keeping 505, Wisbech Town and 46,
« Last Edit: February 05, 2018, 01:52:41 AM by Coast_Hopper »

Offline al_557

• Thank You
  • -Given: 92
  • -Receive: 78
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2018, 04:21:40 AM »

Logically the solo srs and Enviro200MMCs should go to Bedford to replace older solos and darts there. Like you say Enviro 300s to Peterbrough. Some Enviro 400s and a few solos to Peterborough for the 505, 46 and wisbech towns. Any remaining Enviro 400s to Bedford or Fenstanton to replace ALX400 Tridents. Thats my view on what might happen

Offline rm clippie

• Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 20
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2018, 08:28:26 AM »
whats  is the p.v. r for 505 service.

Offline Coast_Hopper

• Thank You
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2018, 08:53:02 AM »
Is there any space at March for more buses, ie to cover the 46 and 56

Offline Coast_Hopper

• Thank You
« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2018, 08:56:25 AM »
whats  is the p.v. r for 505 service.

Not sure what PVR is but if it's what types of buses they can use I think it is anything, mostly deckers but they have used Enviro 300s, and Tempos on it

Offline Steven Knight Media

• Thank You
  • -Given: 31
  • -Receive: 287
« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2018, 09:11:10 AM »
I believe 505s still interwork with KL-Hunstanton services so it is not easy to get work out total PVR for the 505.

I am not convinced on E200MMCs for Bedford but time will tell

Offline al_557

• Thank You
« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2018, 10:46:28 AM »
I believe 505s still interwork with KL-Hunstanton services so it is not easy to get work out total PVR for the 505.

I am not convinced on E200MMCs for Bedford but time will tell

Peterborough is the only other East depot that Enviro 200MMCs could go to but that has had a large batch of new Enviro 200s in 2014 and a batch of Enviro 400MMCs last year where as Bedford has had nothing since a batch of 4 Enviro 200s for the 2 in 2013 if you exclude X5 coaches. The fleet is in dire need of modernisation and this is a way Stagecoach could do it on the cheap. It would see the 53 reg darts and remaining 51 reg MANs withdrawn with MMCs taking their place but it would still leave Bedford with 12/13 year old 55 and 06 reg darts on frontline services that would still need replacing in the near future.
But as you say time will tell

Offline rm clippie

• Thank You
« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2018, 11:09:55 AM »
replace the X5 coaches and cascade the old ones to the 99.
gold spec. enviro  400s would be nice.
these days  more and and more  enviro 400s  on the X5.

Offline Habbinman

• Thank You
  • -Given: 85
  • -Receive: 363
« Reply #10 on: February 05, 2018, 05:06:27 PM »
Its all well & good , trying to guess about any cascading of vehicles from Kings Lynn, but you never know you might get a complete surprise yet ?? It could even be a situation, where the vehicles could go anywhere within the Stagecoach Group, if Stockport (Stagecoach Bus UK Hd Off) decides so ! It just depends on whether they would be more useful elsewhere & a better proposition ?? Not even Andy Campbell would have any say on it,  even though there's relatively new Enviro 200s or Optare Solo SRs at Lynn ! Like other members have said, its going to be a Wait & See scenario ??

Offline Habbinman

• Thank You
  • -Given: 85
  • -Receive: 363
« Reply #11 on: February 05, 2018, 05:14:04 PM »
Not sure what PVR is but if it's what types of buses they can use I think it is anything, mostly deckers but they have used Enviro 300s, and Tempos on it
The PVR for Service 505 is NINE......7 DDs & 2 saloons !!

Offline busman

• Thank You
  • -Given: 11
  • -Receive: 146
    • The Wakefield Files
« Reply #12 on: February 05, 2018, 06:15:27 PM »
They could also do a job lot to anyone taking over the services and depot!
Never ask a dustman to talk shop.
He will only talk a load of rubbish!

Offline Coast_Hopper

• Thank You
« Reply #13 on: February 05, 2018, 06:57:30 PM »
They could also do a job lot to anyone taking over the services and depot!

I doubt Lynx will buy anything from Stagecoach, and I doubt Stagecoach would sell to them

Lynx wouldn't be able to afford them anyway

Offline Coast_Hopper

• Thank You
« Reply #14 on: March 05, 2018, 11:27:48 PM »
What is the situation with the two East Lancs Tridents, haven't seen the green one for some time and the one that's in corporate colours was last reported at Peterborough however I see online that one of the two have turned up in Ely, someone photographed the inside being dirty, can tell from the seats its East Lancs

Offline Coast_Hopper

• Thank You
Re: Stagecoach Norfolk Cascades
« Reply #15 on: March 09, 2018, 08:51:30 PM »
With the news of which routes Stagecoach are keeping are we any closer to estimating which buses will go where now, with the 7 MANs being disposed of suppose the 6 Enviro 300s will replace them, but that leaves 1 short or will the Versas be kept on service maybe at Bedford

I would imagine now that the Enviro 400 ex Norfolk Green and those that come from Peterborough will be kept on the 505 with the 2 East Lancs Tridents, probably allow any remaining ALX400 to be withdrawn

Wisbech buses not sure between ex NG Coasthopper and Tempos

Offline rm clippie

• Thank You
« Reply #16 on: March 09, 2018, 09:13:01 PM »
Bedford will need at least 10 replacments.

Offline Coast_Hopper

• Thank You
« Reply #17 on: March 09, 2018, 09:41:09 PM »
Bedford will need at least 10 replacments.

Could they take the Solo SRs, there is at least 10 in Lynn

Offline Palatine One

• Administrator
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 125
  • -Receive: 88
    • My Flickr
« Reply #18 on: March 09, 2018, 11:01:43 PM »
Sadly, as interesting as speculation like this is, we're better off waiting to see what actually happens.

To be honest, I'd imagine anything non-standard could get transferred to depots that already operate similar vehicles - scenarios like Bedford receiving one or two Versa's are rather unlikely. Fleet managers hate "one offs" at depots, as they're a nightmare to stock spare parts for, never mind mechanical knowledge with regards to the staff looking after the things!

As was said in a post above, at the end of the day Stagecoach HQ decide what goes where, regardless of it being a "better" fit among other local fleets.

Seeing as some Tempos have already been sold, the type probably has a limited future with the former NG operations.

Offline Steven Knight Media

• Thank You
  • -Given: 31
  • -Receive: 287
« Reply #19 on: March 10, 2018, 08:13:32 AM »
What is the situation with the two East Lancs Tridents, haven't seen the green one for some time and the one that's in corporate colours was last reported at Peterborough however I see online that one of the two have turned up in Ely, someone photographed the inside being dirty, can tell from the seats its East Lancs

The green Trident 18278 is no more, its now in corporate livery

Offline Coast_Hopper

• Thank You
« Reply #20 on: March 22, 2018, 09:22:27 PM »
It's been reported that one of the coasthopper Solo SRs is being painted into corporate colours at Chesterfield, I am not sure whether it will stay up there or not, it could be an early indication of where the Solos will go

Offline Coast_Hopper

• Thank You
« Reply #21 on: April 24, 2018, 08:12:37 PM »
So we have found out that the Solo SRs are going to Bedford along with the Enviro 300s and MMC200s, just leaves the question where the rest of the fleet ends up

Are the old Coasthopper Solos going to Bedford as well, presumably the Tempos and Versas will be withdrawn,

All the Enviro 400s I would assume will run the 505 not sure what will happen to the ALX400s though and the two East Lancs

Offline Graeme Palmer

• Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 2
« Reply #22 on: April 25, 2018, 11:15:51 PM »
The Solo SR's are the Coasthopper Solo's so this post confuses me entirely.  Bedford only have work for 8 Solo's.

So we have found out that the Solo SRs are going to Bedford along with the Enviro 300s and MMC200s, just leaves the question where the rest of the fleet ends up

Are the old Coasthopper Solos going to Bedford as well, presumably the Tempos and Versas will be withdrawn,

All the Enviro 400s I would assume will run the 505 not sure what will happen to the ALX400s though and the two East Lancs

Offline al_557

• Thank You
« Reply #23 on: April 26, 2018, 12:29:54 AM »
The Solo SR's are the Coasthopper Solo's so this post confuses me entirely.  Bedford only have work for 8 Solo's.

The old Coasthopper solos are the 09 and 10 plates which were refurbished and repainted at Bedford.
These will be available for cascade. There will probably be a demand across the country for the Solo's as there's still 51 plate examples in service elsewhere within Stagecoach

Offline Graeme Palmer

• Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 2
« Reply #24 on: April 26, 2018, 12:56:55 AM »
The fact remains Bedford still only have work for 8 Solos, with limited scope to convert more routes to minibus operation.

I'd argue there is a good case to convert the citi 4 in Peterborough to minibus operation (Star Road area is totally unsuited to 10-11m vehicle operation and causes daily traffic issues) with a possible partial frequency restoration (it was draconianly cut from every 10min to every 20min - I'd suggest minibuses every 15min would be more appropriate and that a modest frequency increase would stimulate ridership growth).  I'm sure that'll never happen though.

I'd presume most of those Solo's will go elsewhere.  This does suggest 48021-5 going to Peterborough for the 5 vehicle Wisbech network.  One has to question the logic of such high book value vehicles going on tendered work, though.

The old Coasthopper solos are the 09 and 10 plates which were refurbished and repainted at Bedford.
These will be available for cascade. There will probably be a demand across the country for the Solo's as there's still 51 plate examples in service elsewhere within Stagecoach

Offline Coast_Hopper

• Thank You
« Reply #25 on: April 26, 2018, 02:05:21 AM »

Kings Lynn have two sets of Solo SRs, the first lot are in corporate livery 15 plate whilst the second set 66 plate are in coasthopper livery

Offline dennisdart

• Thank You
  • -Given: 24
  • -Receive: 425
« Reply #26 on: April 27, 2018, 04:14:31 PM »
There is more information on the Stephen Knight website regarding cascades and vehicles
that will be based at Long Sutton.

Edit:
Added link to website. (Hope you don't object!)
Regards,
Richard
aka TCD813
« Last Edit: April 27, 2018, 05:28:47 PM by TCD813 »

Offline Coast_Hopper

• Thank You
« Reply #27 on: April 27, 2018, 06:19:17 PM »
No surprises that the old Norfolk Green Enviro 400s along with those 2010 plate E400s that come from Peterborough will be at Long Sutton

Interesting that there will be 2 darts joining them, Kings Lynn doesn't have any so wonder where they will come from, I would have probably stuck with either the 2 old Coasthopper Solos or 2 Tempos for Wisbech

Also I wonder what will happen to the two East Lancs Tridents, as they have just painted one they could be cascaded to Lincoln or Skegness

Offline al_557

• Thank You
« Reply #28 on: April 27, 2018, 07:00:21 PM »
No surprises that the old Norfolk Green Enviro 400s along with those 2010 plate E400s that come from Peterborough will be at Long Sutton

Interesting that there will be 2 darts joining them, Kings Lynn doesn't have any so wonder where they will come from, I would have probably stuck with either the 2 old Coasthopper Solos or 2 Tempos for Wisbech

Also I wonder what will happen to the two East Lancs Tridents, as they have just painted one they could be cascaded to Lincoln or Skegness

Peterborough has plenty of darts of its own and more due to transfer over from Bedford so it could be any of them. My money's on the two 04 reg darts already there 34533/49 (GX04EYG/EZB)

Offline Coast_Hopper

• Thank You
« Reply #29 on: April 27, 2018, 09:31:32 PM »
Peterborough has plenty of darts of its own and more due to transfer over from Bedford so it could be any of them. My money's on the two 04 reg darts already there 34533/49 (GX04EYG/EZB)

So they could get rid of a load of buses that are 8 years old in favour of one's that are 14 years old, that's insane