Author Topic: Stagecoach Norfolk Cascades  (Read 4724 times)

Online al_557

• Thank You
  • -Given: 70
  • -Receive: 59
Re: Stagecoach Norfolk Cascades
« Reply #30 on: April 27, 2018, 10:41:25 pm »
So they could get rid of a load of buses that are 8 years old in favour of one's that are 14 years old, that's insane

It's about standardising vehicle types in depots with Stagecoach to make them as efficient as possible in terms of keeping spare parts in stock. Optare Tempo's are non standard for Stagecoach so will be sold. Peterborough has no Optare Solo's and no need for them as they're too small for the vast majority of the routes.
The only depot within Stagecoach East to have any viable work for Solo's is Bedford hence why the Solo SR's are transferring there

I could well be wrong about the 04 plate darts being the 2 that go to Long Sutton. But the newest dart within east is 35186 (AE56LUJ) the rest are 06 reg or older.

Online al_557

• Thank You
« Reply #31 on: April 29, 2018, 05:37:27 pm »
Enviro 200MMC 37432 (SN16OPW), Optare Solo SR's 48023/25(YJ15ANR/V) plus another in Coast Hopper livery have now arrived at Bedford depot.
I've been told that 5 now withdrawn Optare solos have been sent to Biggleswade for storage already. It didn't look like there was much room for much else when I walked past earlier.

I wonder how long it will take for vehicles to be repainted out of Coast Hopper livery and into service. Surely Bedford can't paint that many vehicles in a short space of time

Offline Coast_Hopper

• Thank You
  • -Given: 32
  • -Receive: 87
« Reply #32 on: April 29, 2018, 06:32:38 pm »
Just been round the yard tonight had a quick look, all Coasthopper buses appear to be gone along with all the Enviro 400s, there is a couple of Tempos left and original coasthopper Solos, also the green ALX 400s and East Lancs Tridents

There was also one Solo Sr left behind and an Enviro 300 with the front grill and number plate missing

Offline Coast_Hopper

• Thank You
« Reply #33 on: April 29, 2018, 07:46:48 pm »
Solo Sr 48021 is parked out the front with another Sr round the back,

Solo, 47245, 47902, 47905, 47909 and 47912, are out front, there are further slimline solo in the other yard, total on site is around 10

Enviro 300 without the grill is 27642, all other E300s appear to be gone,

Tempos and Versas are parked up to be seen, unable to confirm numbers also most of the ALX 400s are there as well including Kermit, and the two remaining Norfolk Green (Stagecoach Varient) are on site, the two original two Norfolk Green ALX400 are no where to be seen neither is the training dart

Offline Coast_Hopper

• Thank You
« Reply #34 on: April 29, 2018, 08:46:29 pm »
Just a little look in the yard at Long Sutton, didn't get out of the car but see a few Enviro 400s in there plus a dart, without confirmation I believe the dart in question is the training dart

Offline Habbinman

• Thank You
  • -Given: 82
  • -Receive: 352
« Reply #35 on: April 30, 2018, 09:07:47 am »
Enviro 200MMC 37432 (SN16OPW), Optare Solo SR's 48023/25(YJ15ANR/V) plus another in Coast Hopper livery have now arrived at Bedford depot.
I've been told that 5 now withdrawn Optare solos have been sent to Biggleswade for storage already. It didn't look like there was much room for much else when I walked past earlier.

I wonder how long it will take for vehicles to be repainted out of Coast Hopper livery and into service. Surely Bedford can't paint that many vehicles in a short space of time

Chesterfield has been used recently to repaint a few, so I'm assuming one or two will go there very quickly to be treated.

Offline ChilternRover

• Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 8
« Reply #36 on: April 30, 2018, 02:52:23 pm »
Stagecoach ALX400 on suspended tow by Welbourns Peterborough bound on A47 Walpole bypass at 13.00hrs. Welbourns sure gonna miss the business!

Offline Coast_Hopper

• Thank You
« Reply #37 on: April 30, 2018, 03:47:25 pm »
Stagecoach ALX400 on suspended tow by Welbourns Peterborough bound on A47 Walpole bypass at 13.00hrs. Welbourns sure gonna miss the business!

Probably come from the yard in Lynn, think all the ALX400s are withdrawn

Offline Coast_Hopper

• Thank You
« Reply #38 on: April 30, 2018, 06:59:13 pm »
Just been round the yard, there doesn't appear to be any movement since last night, maybe a couple of ALX400s have gone, two Solo SRs in corporate colours are still in the yard along with the Enviro 300 without the grill and bumper

There rest I would assume have been withdrawn

Offline Coast_Hopper

• Thank You
« Reply #39 on: May 02, 2018, 01:27:00 pm »
Can't help but thinking that they haven't thought the cascades through, why they want to run the coasthopper buses in Bedford before they have painted them, would have thought they would carry on as they are until they are in corporate colours, if they needed buses in Bedford urgently why not take use some of the withdrawn Kings Lynn buses over there like the East Lancs and old Coasthopper Solos

They are now getting a Lincolnshire Depot so would assume they are moving from Long Sutton

Offline dennisdart

• Thank You
  • -Given: 23
  • -Receive: 382
« Reply #40 on: May 04, 2018, 05:01:45 pm »
Stephen Knight reports that MANs 22329 and 22334 are operating out
of Long Sutton during the transitional period - and whilst I was  in Spalding earlier
today, 22334 was on the 505.

A friend has reported seeing another Bedford Dart in service in Peterborough - 34834

When all this gets settled, do we post Long Sutton under Stagecoach Peterbrough,
or retain the Stagecoach Norfolk heading even though Long Sutton is not in Norfolk.

One for the admin folks I think.

« Last Edit: May 04, 2018, 05:11:48 pm by dennisdart »

Offline Coast_Hopper

• Thank You
« Reply #41 on: May 04, 2018, 05:34:44 pm »
Stephen Knight reports that MANs 22329 and 22334 are operating out
of Long Sutton during the transitional period - and whilst I was  in Spalding earlier
today, 22334 was on the 505.

A friend has reported seeing another Bedford Dart in service in Peterborough - 34834

When all this gets settled, do we post Long Sutton under Stagecoach Peterbrough,
or retain the Stagecoach Norfolk heading even though Long Sutton is not in Norfolk.

Steve Knight reports that there will be a Long Sutton depot so I guess it will be Stagecoach in Long Sutton, or is that too easy for Stagecoach

Offline TCD813

• Administrator
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 695
  • -Receive: 142
  • Regards, Richard.
    • All 'manor' of stuff on my Twitter A/c
« Reply #42 on: May 04, 2018, 06:37:50 pm »

Speaking personally, whilst we are still discussing where vehicles have moved – Bedford, Peterborough, Long Sutton… – it all seems fine to keep it on this thread.

However, as you rightly say, there will be a point at which we’re simply reporting on which vehicles have been seen operating where, or broken down and being towed, or whatever…
TCD813? The reg of a Southdown Motor Services, Northern Counties bodied, Leyland Titan PD3/4 FH39/30F (popularly dubbed 'Queen Mary') from the late 50s.
There's all 'manor' of stuff on my Twitter A/c.

Offline Coast_Hopper

• Thank You
« Reply #43 on: May 04, 2018, 08:02:19 pm »
Speaking personally, whilst we are still discussing where vehicles have moved – Bedford, Peterborough, Long Sutton… – it all seems fine to keep it on this thread.

However, as you rightly say, there will be a point at which we’re simply reporting on which vehicles have been seen operating where, or broken down and being towed, or whatever…

He could be asking whether you will change the name from Stagecoach in Norfolk to Stagecoach in Long Sutton

Offline linkyyork

• Thank You
  • -Given: 35
« Reply #44 on: May 04, 2018, 09:20:29 pm »
He could be asking whether you will change the name from Stagecoach in Norfolk to Stagecoach in Long Sutton

Yesterday - May 3rd - when travelling to Kings Lynn at around 6pm on the A17 between the old railway bridge and the old A17 turn off the following passed, a MAN on the 505 to Spalding - a Optare Solo on the 505 to Holbeach and an Enviro 400 out of service - all within 2 minutes.

Offline linkyyork

• Thank You
« Reply #45 on: May 05, 2018, 08:42:25 am »
Forgot to report that on 1st May 2 Enviro 400s were seen refuelling at the BP Service Station off the A17/A1101 roundabout.

It is assumed they are getting a cut price from the station but it must be more costly than having there own facilities and who is getting the Nectar points.

Therefore the "Lincolnshire depot" may not be the present outstation at Long Sutton.

Offline Steven Knight Media

• Thank You
  • -Given: 31
  • -Receive: 267
« Reply #46 on: May 05, 2018, 01:36:52 pm »
The refuelling at local service station was a temporary arrangement pending the relication of the fuel point from King’s Lynn to Long Sutton. The bus wash is also due to be moved from King’s Lynn to Long Sutton.

I dont think there will be any ‘in xxxxxxxx’ local branding and it will merely be referred to as Stagecoach East Long Sutton operation. The Long Sutton services are still on the Go West Travel licence so I assume the Peterborough vehicles on loan to Long Sutton will be operating with ‘on hire To Go West Travel Limited’ notices.

I dont believe 48021/22 are being moved to Bedford so could find a home eventually at another Stagecoach UK Bus operation.

On Thursday last Trident 18346 was parked in Queensgate Bus Station Peterborough

Offline Steven Knight Media

• Thank You
  • -Given: 31
  • -Receive: 267
« Reply #47 on: May 05, 2018, 02:33:46 pm »
Just to clarify, stagecoach Peterborough depot are responsible for the maintenance of the Long Sutton fleet

Offline Coast_Hopper

• Thank You
« Reply #48 on: May 05, 2018, 03:32:26 pm »
Forgot to report that on 1st May 2 Enviro 400s were seen refuelling at the BP Service Station off the A17/A1101 roundabout.

It is assumed they are getting a cut price from the station but it must be more costly than having there own facilities and who is getting the Nectar points.

Therefore the "Lincolnshire depot" may not be the present outstation at Long Sutton.

Its not a new thing using a service station, they used the Shell in Fakenham everyday for the buses stored at Holkham

Offline Coast_Hopper

• Thank You
« Reply #49 on: May 09, 2018, 10:11:26 pm »
A Solo from Bedford has arrived at the Kings Lynn depot, front bumper ripped off and damage to drivers side wing

Got Bedford bus markings all over

Offline AE51VFX (Jonny)

• Thank You
  • -Given: 249
  • -Receive: 34
    • http://www.flickr.com/photos/big_john_bus_spoter/
« Reply #50 on: May 09, 2018, 10:30:42 pm »
A Solo from Bedford has arrived at the Kings Lynn depot, front bumper ripped off and damage to drivers side wing

Got Bedford bus markings all over

Could be 47353 that was at Peterborough Stagecoach on Lincoln Road.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2018, 08:59:35 pm by AE51VFX (Jonny) »
Please feel free to have a look at my photos on Flickr.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/big_john_bus_spoter/

Offline Coast_Hopper

• Thank You
« Reply #51 on: May 11, 2018, 07:39:50 pm »
Could be 47354 that was at Peterborough Stagecoach on Lincoln Road.

47353 is the damaged Solo

Offline Coast_Hopper

• Thank You
« Reply #52 on: May 14, 2018, 09:28:36 pm »
Solo SR, YJ15 AAZ has left the Kings Lynn depot today and got as far as Littleport where it failed, Welbourns are there now to put it on tow

I assume the destination was going to be Cambridge, but not sure why they would want a Solo

Offline TCD813

• Administrator
  • Thank You
  • Regards, Richard.
« Reply #53 on: May 15, 2018, 06:49:17 am »
Solo SR, YJ15 AAZ has left the Kings Lynn depot today and got as far as Littleport where it failed, Welbourns are there now to put it on tow

I assume the destination was going to be Cambridge, but not sure why they would want a Solo

Might the intended destination be Bedford? The most obvious route would be A10 to the A14 Milton interchange followed by the A428/A421 to Bedford.
TCD813? The reg of a Southdown Motor Services, Northern Counties bodied, Leyland Titan PD3/4 FH39/30F (popularly dubbed 'Queen Mary') from the late 50s.

Offline Coast_Hopper

• Thank You
« Reply #54 on: May 15, 2018, 01:04:42 pm »
Might the intended destination be Bedford? The most obvious route would be A10 to the A14 Milton interchange followed by the A428/A421 to Bedford.

Good call, I would have went A47 Peterborough then A1 to St Neots, but that's 10 miles longer than the your route, perhaps seem quicker in my mind

Offline dwarfer1979

• Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 99
« Reply #55 on: May 16, 2018, 08:12:18 am »
Good call, I would have went A47 Peterborough then A1 to St Neots, but that's 10 miles longer than the your route, perhaps seem quicker in my mind
In a car it might be quicker but with a bus with a much lower top speed and that doesn't like to be left cruising on the limiter for long periods the advantages of that stretch of the A1 are eroded.

Offline TCD813

• Administrator
  • Thank You
  • Regards, Richard.
« Reply #56 on: May 16, 2018, 08:23:14 am »

In a car it might be quicker but with a bus with a much lower top speed and that doesn't like to be left cruising on the limiter for long periods the advantages of that stretch of the A1 are eroded.

It's also worth considering who's driving the vehicle, from which depôt.

At a guess, an Ely-based, or Cambridge-based, driver took an early train to King's Lynn to collect the vehicle and drive it to Cowley Road, from where a Bedford-based driver would collect it, having travelled in on the X5.

Offline linkyyork

• Thank You
« Reply #57 on: May 18, 2018, 09:11:40 am »
From Stagecoach East website
Legal identity

Cambus Ltd trades as Stagecoach East, Stagecoach in Bedford, Stagecoach in Cambridge, Stagecoach in Huntingdonshire and Stagecoach in Peterborough.

Registered Office: Cambus Ltd, Daw Bank, Stockport, Cheshire, SK3 0DU (Registered in England No. 01822941)

Go West Travel Ltd trades as Stagecoach in Peterborough.

Registered Office: Go West Travel Ltd, Daw Bank, Stockport, Cheshire, SK3 0DU (Registered in England No. 03117358)

However the registration with the TCs is still
PF0001611
Valid
GO WEST TRAVEL LTD
STAGECOACH IN NORFOLK
« Last Edit: May 18, 2018, 09:18:00 am by linkyyork »

Offline TCD813

• Administrator
  • Thank You
  • Regards, Richard.
« Reply #58 on: May 18, 2018, 11:11:32 am »
From Stagecoach East website
Legal identity

Cambus Ltd trades as Stagecoach East, Stagecoach in Bedford, Stagecoach in Cambridge, Stagecoach in Huntingdonshire and Stagecoach in Peterborough.

Registered Office: Cambus Ltd, Daw Bank, Stockport, Cheshire, SK3 0DU (Registered in England No. 01822941)

Go West Travel Ltd trades as Stagecoach in Peterborough.

Registered Office: Go West Travel Ltd, Daw Bank, Stockport, Cheshire, SK3 0DU (Registered in England No. 03117358)

However the registration with the TCs is still
PF0001611
Valid
GO WEST TRAVEL LTD
STAGECOACH IN NORFOLK

Complicated, n’est-ce pas?

Online al_557

• Thank You
« Reply #59 on: May 18, 2018, 08:50:31 pm »
Just a thought. If they're big enough for the loadings on services 30,35 and 66. Could some of the redundant 09 and 10 plate solo's be used to oust Fenstanton's 04 plate darts?