Author Topic: Cambridgeshire CC timetable leaflets  (Read 581 times)

Offline Suzy Scott

• Suzy, Nuisance of the Coach Park
  • Administrator
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 62
  • -Receive: 490
    • Company website
Cambridgeshire CC timetable leaflets
« on: February 08, 2018, 04:43:40 pm »
I recently sent an FOI request to Cambs CC, for electronic copies of subsidised service timetables.
I got a set of these today, and I attach them as a ZIP file.
You can also download individual ones via the link https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/current_subsidised_local_bus_ser

Offline barryb

• Thank You
  • -Given: 110
  • -Receive: 90
Re: Cambridgeshire CC timetable leaflets
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2018, 07:59:30 pm »
You know I'd never really clicked that that Saturday Impington to Ely bus could make for a nice convenient trip...

Offline skyLink

• Thank You
  • -Given: 8
  • -Receive: 20
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2018, 09:13:39 pm »
You know I'd never really clicked that that Saturday Impington to Ely bus could make for a nice convenient trip...

I'm yet to see if run on a Saturday.
Kind regards
MR S

Offline HughT

• Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 2
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2018, 09:45:18 am »
One thing Suzy's request clearly highlights is the number of subsidised services for which the County Council doesn't produce a leaflet. Doubtless (?) there's some rationale, but if you compare the list of Cambs subsidised services
https://www.cambridgeshire.gov.uk/residents/travel-roads-and-parking/buses/subsidised-bus-services/review-of-subsidised-bus-services/
with the attachments provided by the County Council to Suzy, there are quite a few omissions. (Fortunately, Whippet still produce their own leaflets, so that covers a couple, but as for the rest...)

Of course, it's in the County's interests for subsidised services NOT to be used - that way they can be axed and contribute to budget savings. Just saying...

Offline Suzy Scott

• Administrator
  • Thank You
    • Company website
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2018, 10:29:26 am »
One thing Suzy's request clearly highlights is the number of subsidised services for which the County Council doesn't produce a leaflet. Doubtless (?) there's some rationale, but if you compare the list of Cambs subsidised services
https://www.cambridgeshire.gov.uk/residents/travel-roads-and-parking/buses/subsidised-bus-services/review-of-subsidised-bus-services/
with the attachments provided by the County Council to Suzy, there are quite a few omissions. (Fortunately, Whippet still produce their own leaflets, so that covers a couple, but as for the rest...)

Of course, it's in the County's interests for subsidised services NOT to be used - that way they can be axed and contribute to budget savings. Just saying...

There are a few that haven't changed in yonks that I've still got old leaflets for, just I'm guessing not in the current format. Stagecoach and Whippet print their own.  12 and 204 from LA editions as I've not had one for those. 132 (Essex CC) and RH series also below.

Offline Suzy Scott

• Administrator
  • Thank You
    • Company website
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2018, 10:53:30 am »
Found another 390 slightly newer...

Offline Suzy Scott

• Administrator
  • Thank You
    • Company website
« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2018, 10:57:36 am »
c2 forgotten

Offline HughT

• Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 2
« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2018, 12:04:17 pm »
Since the C2 and 390 are clearly County Council leaflets, then why did they fail to include them in their response to your FoI request? Of course, you could ask for a review of the handling of your request, on the grounds of an "incomplete response". This is the second time in a matter of weeks that I've seen a quite inadequate response to an FoI request from Cambs CC transport folk (the previous one related to the Busway). OTOH, you may feel you have better things to do!

Offline barryb

• Thank You
« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2018, 10:44:24 pm »
I'm yet to see if run on a Saturday.

Oh?  Should I not get excited?

Offline skyLink

• Thank You
  • -Given: 8
  • -Receive: 20
« Reply #9 on: February 10, 2018, 12:55:47 am »
Oh?  Should I not get excited?

Five times I've been sat in cottenham road in Histon for shot. Never comes on a Saturday.
Kind regards
MR S

Offline barryb

• Thank You
« Reply #10 on: February 11, 2018, 02:29:12 pm »
That's annoying.  And the fact that we're paying for it anyway makes it even more annoying!  Have you complained to the council?