Author Topic: Location shots  (Read 1272 times)

Offline busman

• Thank You
  • -Given: 11
  • -Receive: 146
    • The Wakefield Files
Location shots
« on: January 06, 2008, 08:21:31 AM »
What I prefer to do with an old vehicle is to try and take photographs out on location and away from the rally field. A feat that is not all ways possible but the results can be more interesting then the standard rally view.

Dews of Somersham 1944 Bedford OB with 1952 Duple body photographed at a preserved filling station on the outskirts of Somersham in 1998. Photographs from this photo-shoot were used to promote the 1999 Bedford Gathering which featured the Bedford OB as it's theme vehicle that year.

Suzy feel free if you would like to use one of these images on the front page.

Felix of Long Melford with their Plaxton bodied Bedford CF, photographed in one of the villages on the Cambridge/Essex border in 2005. The Bedford was new to Herberts of Shefford

Myalls of Bassingbourn with their Duple bodied Bedford VAM. Photographed in Barrington during a Cambridge Omnibus Society visit a few years ago. The coach that was new to Lotus Coaches also of Bassingbourn has spent all it's working life in the local area
Never ask a dustman to talk shop.
He will only talk a load of rubbish!

Offline busman

• Thank You
    • The Wakefield Files
Re: Location shots
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2008, 08:54:34 AM »
A few non-Bedfords for your enjoyment and to prove I do take photos of non-Beddies as well.
This next photograph may prove to be of interest to our Scottish friends as the vehicle spent it's whole working life in the Glencoe area of the Highlands an area of beauty if my memory serves me correctly. I was up there with the army sometime in the last century!

The Guy Wolf which dates from about 1938 and has Martin B17F is now owned by a collector who lives in Southely on the A10 between Littleport and Downham Market. The photograph was taken in a Norfolk village during a visit to the Norwich rally in 2003.
Time for a Bristol or two.
JAH 553D better known as FLF453 photographed crossing the railway line at Attleborough during a visit to the Eastern Transport Collection by the COS in 2006

Last one for the time being
ETC's RS658 (KVF 658E) which had just recently received a repaint into NBC poppy red livery is photographed out in a Norfolk village with FLF 453 in the background during the COS visit.

« Last Edit: January 21, 2008, 10:27:17 PM by busman »

Offline Suzy Scott

• Suzy, Nuisance of the Coach Park
  • Administrator
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 64
  • -Receive: 514
    • Company website
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2008, 02:46:23 PM »
...Suzy feel free if you would like to use one of these images on the front page...

Yes, thanks... I have done so!

Kind regards,
Suzy (Admin)

Offline hitchinbus

• Thank You
  • -Given: 7
  • -Receive: 7
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2008, 03:32:02 PM »
Agreed the best views of preserved vehicles is when they are actually running and not just standing still at a rally etc. I help organise local rallies and therefore tend to take static photos of the vehicles. However sometimes I am able to travel out on them and pick up some shots then.

Here is one of JAH 552D the open top sister of 553 taken in Peterborough bus station when running  a shuttle between the town and the preserved Nene Valley Railway station on the occaision of the NVR's Sixties weekend hence the 60 in the route indicator box.

Offline busman

• Thank You
    • The Wakefield Files
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2008, 03:37:01 PM »
I happen to be in the right place at Chobham last year when the pre-war stuff returned from having their run around the site.
Enjoy