Author Topic: Stagecoach order 2018/19  (Read 423 times)

Offline dennisdart

• Thank You
  • -Given: 24
  • -Receive: 402
Stagecoach order 2018/19
« on: July 04, 2018, 11:16:45 AM »
Steven Knight media has published details of the 2018/19 order - nothing much in the East
apart from the open top Volvos for Cambridge.

https://www.stevenknightmedia.com/fleet-news-ramblings

Offline al_557

• Thank You
  • -Given: 86
  • -Receive: 73
Re: Stagecoach order 2018/19
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2018, 11:48:09 AM »
Interesting that the new Enviro 400 MMC's for Kettering are gold spec ADL and not Scania.
The rumours that have been around for a while are that the current 61 plate Scanias will be off to Merseyside although they could really do with keeping them and using them to withdraw the 04 plate Tridents at Kettering and Northampton

I would've thought that Cambridge would've bid to replace their 10 plate Enviro's and maybe look at replacing the remaining darts  at Bedford, Fenstanton and Peterborough with either new or cascaded Enviro 200's. Although Fenstanton would probably get cascaded older Enviro 200's from either Bedford or Peterborough as services 30 and 35 are not exactly well used. I've used service 66 between St Neots and Huntingdon. It seems to have reasonable patronage and is in my opinion a very nice route to travel on

Offline Leyland L60

• Thank You
  • -Given: 191
  • -Receive: 79
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2018, 09:34:54 PM »
Yes, interesting that there are no Scanias at all in the order. I hope the ADL 400MMCs for the X4 at Kettering can stand the pace. It's a very hard route, and the 61-plate Scanias have clocked up an enormous mileage without major problems.
First have had a lot of headaches with their Dennis-based Enviro 400s on the X1 Peterborough- Norwich service, so time will tell as they say. I must say though, that the Gold livery looks superb on the 400MMC.

Offline al_557

• Thank You
  • -Given: 86
  • -Receive: 73
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2018, 09:53:04 PM »
Yes, interesting that there are no Scanias at all in the order. I hope the ADL 400MMCs for the X4 at Kettering can stand the pace. It's a very hard route, and the 61-plate Scanias have clocked up an enormous mileage without major problems.
First have had a lot of headaches with their Dennis-based Enviro 400s on the X1 Peterborough- Norwich service, so time will tell as they say. I must say though, that the Gold livery looks superb on the 400MMC.

Bedford quite often use their 60 and 11 plate Enviro 400's to cover for the hopeless Volvo B11R's on the X5 and they don't seem to have much issues with them. They're the most reliable vehicles Bedford have.
I'm hoping Ketterings new MMC's stray onto the 50 as the current batch of X4 Scania's often do or when pigs fly Bedford gets it's own batch of new Enviro 400 MMC's

Offline dwarfer1979

• Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 100
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2018, 08:10:27 AM »
Unlike at Euro V, I don't think there is a lot different in engine spec at Euro VI between Scania & the Cummins engine in the E400MMC.  If I remember correctly Scania worked with Cummins on the development of their engines at this size so they will be similar size/spec.  When  Euro VI came in most manufacturers dropped the size of the engine to enable the engines to get warm enough to get the emissions treatment working, only ADL with their Cummins engine don't appear to have done so then as they had done so during the life of the previous version of the E400.

Offline John

• Thank You
  • -Given: 26
  • -Receive: 12
« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2018, 06:10:17 PM »
Stagecoach will have to order Volvo or Scania based chassis for the Cambridge bus way as the Cummins based E400s cannot take guide wheels.

Offline skyLink

• Thank You
  • -Given: 9
  • -Receive: 30
« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2018, 07:07:34 PM »
Stagecoach will have to order Volvo or Scania based chassis for the Cambridge bus way as the Cummins based E400s cannot take guide wheels.

Or optare or merc even plaxton  im sure the MMC adl 400 should go down the busway

Kind regards
MR S