Author Topic: Cambridge Area Bus Users happenings  (Read 148 times)

Offline TCD813

• Administrator
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 786
  • -Receive: 145
  • Regards, Richard.
    • All 'manor' of stuff on my Twitter A/c
Cambridge Area Bus Users happenings
« on: July 13, 2018, 10:20:56 AM »
Cambridge Area Bus Users' Inaugural General Meeting was held at Cambridge Central Library, on Saturday, 2 June 2018.

This post by local blogger and campaigner, Antony Carpen, is an excellent summary.

Cambridge Area Bus Users’ Group launches with cross-party support
TCD813? The reg of a Southdown Motor Services, Northern Counties bodied, Leyland Titan PD3/4 FH39/30F (popularly dubbed 'Queen Mary') from the late 50s.
There's all 'manor' of stuff on my Twitter A/c.

Offline TCD813

• Administrator
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 786
  • -Receive: 145
  • Regards, Richard.
    • All 'manor' of stuff on my Twitter A/c
Re: Cambridge Area Bus Users happenings
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2018, 11:01:45 AM »
Since the Inaugural General Meeting on 2 June 2018, the Cambridge Area Bus Users Executive Committee has been very busy behind the scenes.

These are the activities so far:
  • asked a public question of the Cambridgeshire and Peterborough Combined Authority. Question and written response here. Oral response in this video. (Second question.)
  • arranging a meeting with the Combined Authority's Mayor James Palmer
  • arranged a meeting with Stagecoach East’s MD Andy Campbell
  • arranging a meeting with Whippet’s MD Charlie Hamilton
  • arranging a meeting with South Cambridgeshire MP Heidi Allen
  • participated in a minor publicity event for ‘Catch the Bus Week’ with two Executive Committee members, Cambridge's MP, Daniel Zeichner and Whippet’s MD, Charlie Hamilton
  • established a Twitter account
  • established a Facebook account
  • established a Cambridge Area Bus Users website
  • set up email addresses for contact, secretary, chair and treasurer
  • completed all paperwork to establish a bank account
  • are investigating setting up a joint liaison committee for passengers with disabilities

The group are looking for new members and supporters. Email the contact address, or the secretary.

The group are also looking to strengthen the Executive Committee with people who have campaigning experience, and/or useful contacts, and/or useful 'inside' knowledge, and/or familiarity with Wordpress websites. Email the secretary, or the chair.
TCD813? The reg of a Southdown Motor Services, Northern Counties bodied, Leyland Titan PD3/4 FH39/30F (popularly dubbed 'Queen Mary') from the late 50s.
There's all 'manor' of stuff on my Twitter A/c.